The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management (FM) professionals, supporting 24,000 members in 104 countries. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, and provides educational programs, content resources, networking and conferences.
RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) is a global professional body. Founded in 1868 RICS accredits 125,000 professionals in 148 countries, promoting and enforcing the highest professional standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Incorporated by a Royal Charter, RICS promotes the public advantage and promises consistent delivery of professional standards – bringing confidence to global markets. There is global demand for RICS qualifications underpinned by ethical principles and independent regulation
The IFMA-RICS collaboration represents the most significant evolution in the history of facility management, providing an unprecedented level of industry support to meet the growing demands of the 25 million FM practitioners around the world.
Why IFMA and RICS?
The strength of IFMA in the FM sector complements that of RICS in the wider built environment. By extending its global reach in FM, RICS can support the establishment of FM as an attractive career option for the next generation and, together with IFMA, provide a talent path to drive best practices around the world. Leveraging RICS’ focus on standards serves a unique fit for IFMA to unify strategy across the life cycle of the built environment, helping facility managers get a seat at the table earlier and more often.
The IFMA-RICS collaboration Is:
- Aligning standards and professional development for the FM industry.
- Uniting the global FM community to increase consistency and unification of strategy across the life cycle of
- the built environment.
- Offering a single suite of professional qualifications in facility management.
- Providing global recognition for FMs of all educational backgrounds, skills, work experiences and career goals.
- Raising the profile of FM, giving a greater voice and increased status to the profession.
- Shaping the future of the built environment and enabling business success.
Facility Manager Training
Power your career forward with credentials and professional qualification on fm.training.
The IFMA-RICS suite of credentials and professional qualifications provides a defined path for advancement in facilities management and combined FM training opportunities, offering a full spectrum of professional development for every career stage.
- A single, easy-to-use website offering the complete IFMA-RICS suite of credentials and professional qualifications, as well as additional facility management training materials
- Offers convenient access to a robust catalogue of FM education and online learning resources
- Supports earning of IFMA continuing education units, CFM® maintenance points and RICS continuing professional development
- Wondering about the next step for your FM career? Visit the IFMA-RICS Career Compass, a free planning tool to determine which FM credential, professional qualification or training program is right for you.
Facility Management Events
Create your own professional success with the world’s leading facility management events.
The IFMA-RICS collaboration has resulted in educational and networking events that are designed to help you:
- Protect your facility
- Future-proof your technology
- Reduce your costs
- Improve your operations
When you create a safe, efficient facility, you build a strong, successful facility management career. Start creating your own success today by registering for a World Workplace Conference and Expo near you.
Advocacy Day and Public Policy Forum 2018
Sept. 12-13, 2018
Washington, D.C., USA
World Workplace China 2018 Conference and Expo
Sept. 13-14, 2018
World Workplace 2018 Conference and Expo
Oct. 3-5, 2018
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
IFMA and RICS are collaborating to deliver content on all topics related to the built environment to help professionals stay current on industry trends and insights.